- Please use the Menu pull down selections to navigate the website
- To learn about 6 FSHs plus new ones sponsored by Bay Area click here
- For News and success stories click here
- For Volunteer activities see this page
- Like our Facebook page
- Follow Instagram handle “aimsbayarea”
Please donate generously this year, especially to support continuing Covid-19 efforts and supplying essential items. $500 transforms life.
Upcoming Events, save the dates
* Sept 26th: Interesting documentary on Temple architectures
* October 23rd or 24th: Annual Donor Appreciation Event, virtual show.
* Dec Magic 7 for Management: Leadership Seminar, virtual. A module also on “Swami Dayananda as a leader”
Pujya Swami Dayanandaji’s 91st Jayanti celebrations
This is a special event of a musical video release of Swamiji’s compositions. Abby V has made a beautiful 30 minute musical video consisting of medley of the compositions and a couple of Swamiji’s songs.
Continuing Appeal for Medical Supplies and Covid support in India
AIM for Seva transforms the lives of children in rural India through its chatralaya, or free student homes, which provide a loving, nurturing environment and access to value-based education, quality health care, and life-enriching cultural, spiritual and recreational programming. https://aimforsevausa.org/
Our coordinators across India continue to provide relief supplies, groceries and essential items to the migrant workers, elderly, unemployed and other people from the economically weaker sections of the society.
There is still great need for food and safety essentials as various states of India remain in lockdown and the people in rural villages have no access to fresh food and grocery essentials. A donation of just $25 provides a grocery kit to feed a family of five for a month. Feed 10 families with a $250 donation or 20 families with a $500 donation.
See this Newsletter of recent efforts
Annual Good Karma Walk/Run for AIM for Seva
The Good Karma raised about $75K, which was distributed to Sewa Intl and local charities.
The volunteers from the east coast did a wonderful and tireless effort. We are so grateful to them.
Thank you all who participated in the fun event and raising awareness.
Partnership with Sewa International and Rotary International for Covid, Oxygen delivery
Sewa International is a faith-based, humanitarian, nonprofit service organization since 1989 and is active in 20 countries. Sewa serves humanity irrespective of race, color, religion, gender or nationality. We specialize in disaster relief and rehabilitation. Our development programs focus on family services; child, tribal and refugee welfare; women empowerment; health; and education. sewausa.org. Please see the attached image for progress and longer term plans.Together we are teaming together for COVID relief in India and in the U.S. through local, community-based charities. Please do what you can to help the people who need our help. More information about the Sewa Intl Project
AIM for Seva Also partnered with Rotary International in its efforts to provide a longer-term solution for the people of India through the building of oxygen generators. Matching grant funds were leveraged and added to your $30,000 in total donations, resulting in the $120,000 investment needed to build an oxygen generation plant to serve a 200-bed hospital in the city of Coimbatore, India
Donate AIMSBA donation page and choose "Covid-19" cause.
AIM for Seva transforms a child's journey
Please download and share these colorful brochures for all those who may be interested.
Excellent Opportunities for Leaving a Family Legacy
AIM for Seva (AIMS)is offering attractive options for leaving legacies for our loved ones. Until now, AIMS has focused on building "Chatralaya" Free Student Homes in remote areas to housing young children free of cost for several years until they become young adults. Over 100 have been built and a dozen more are being constructed. In addition, we have built two large "Vidyalaya" complexes. These complexes consist of high school, even a college, free housing for boys and girls, technology center and fleet of buses to bring day scholars from as far as 30 miles. The result is a much bigger impact on a larger community. Buoyed by this success, we have now started detailed planning for 3 more such complexes, in Karnataka, in Uttarakhand and in Maharashtra. See this Vidyalaya Presentation for details
Just in the last few weeks, we have received very good responses for these projects. Sponsorship of the school, student housing, either full or partial, are open for dedication to the memory of our loved ones. An attractive feature of the legacy is once built the ongoing operational costs are borne exclusively by AIMS, requiring no additional assistance. Our COO, Srini Raman has been doing video calls, to give details about this opportunity to make difference. We have requested him to do similar calls to our Bay Area donors. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in understanding the vision. Bay Area donors are pledging very generously, and have sponsored several of the projects within these Vidyalayas already, so join the team.
Transforming Rural India one One child at a time
More videos below
More aims for seva impact videos here
Please donate generously this year, especially to support Covid-19 efforts. Sponsor a child for only $500.
Bhāvaye Paramātmānam - Concert to support AIMS, was viewed world wide.
Despite major challenges, many of these goals were met and even superseded.
Please donate generously again this year 2021, especially to support Covid-19 efforts. Sponsor a child for only $500.
Read more of their stories HERE
CURRENT SITUATION in Challenging times
First and foremost, thank you for your kind support of the life-transforming work of AIM for Seva. Your generous contribution is impacting the most disadvantaged children of rural India, allowing them to discover their interests, pursue their dreams, and realize their full potential. We want to keep you informed of the situation in this most challenging times.
- 95% of the 4,000 students living in our 104 chatralayas (free student homes) have returned to their family homes and are safe & healthy. We keep in touch with them on a regular basis.
- We continue to provide on-line education to our students where applicable until school re opens later this year.
- We provided food and supplies to thousands of migrant workers, in rural India, during the pandemic situation.
- Here in USA, we partnered with SEWA International in providing non-medical help such as donating masks to healthcare professionals, delivering groceries for senior citizens, providing travel & accommodations to stranded visitors and psychological counseling to many who needed our help during these challenging times.
As a valued donor, we want you to know how your contribution is being invested and the difference it’s making …
- We educate 9,000 children per year in our 104 chatralayas and 7 educational institutions across 16 states of India and 90% of our students graduate from high school.
- Our 6 health care facilities serve 150,000 patients annually, from common ailments to performing surgery.
- We serve 5 million meals (anna dānam) each year and invest 80,000 hours in shaping the life of a child through our value-based education (vidya dānam).
- Our work has impacted over 20 million lives across 2,300 villages over the last 20 years of our seva.
OUR GROWTH PLAN
- Twelve more chatralayas (free student homes) are under construction, with completion set for 2021.
- Three residential school campuses (vidyalayas) are planned, with each campus comprising of a high school and a boys’ & girls’ hostel as part of our five-year plan, with a long-term strategy of such campuses in every state of India.
- This unprecedented and innovative approach will allow us to increase our reach within rural India and bring our comprehensive care and proven value-based curriculum to a greater number of underprivileged children.
Your continued support is needed now more than ever as we work to deepen our reach and have an even greater impact on the children we serve. We have earned Charity Navigator’s highest star rating for the fourth consecutive year, demonstrating our strong financial health and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Please donate generously this year, especially to support Covid-19 efforts. Sponsor a child for only $500
AIM for Seva achieves TOP 4-star rating FIVE years in a row!!
AIM for Seva has earned Charity Navigator’s highest rating for the fourth consecutive year, demonstrating our …
- Strong financial health
- Commitment to accountability and transparency
- Adherence to best practices
- Consistent administrative, or overhead, costs of less than 5%
We are proud to announce that AIM for Seva USA has been awarded a four star rating for the third consecutive year by Charity Navigator, an independent external validating non-profit organization, for demonstrating strong financial health and commitment to accountability and transparency.
In the USA, there are about 1.2 million charities out of which about 8000 organizations get qualified to be evaluated by Charity Navigator every year. Only 24% of these have scored the TOP rating (four out of four stars) for three consecutive years. This achievement by AIM for Seva means that we outperform most charities in our area of work, and demonstrates exceeding of industry standards.
"This exceptional designation from Charity Navigator sets AIM for Seva apart from its peers and demonstrates to the public its trustworthiness." says Charity Navigators's CEO, Mr. Michael Thatcher.
We could not have received this four star rating without you! Thank you for your donations, your time, and your good will. Your trust and support means a lot to us!
AIMS has also been awarded India's Highest Honors for a charity.
Covid-19 Relief Effort: AIM for Seva has joined hands with Sewa International
COVID-19 Relief donations also accepted. Online Credit card donations can be done using the link above. OR, checks payable to “AIM for Seva” can be sent to this address.
C/O Vijay Kapoor, AIMS Director, Bay Area, 28615 Matadero Creek Ct, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
To provide non-medical assistance to those impacted by the pandemic in the United States. Regional helplines have been established to access information and resources …Southwest: 281.909.7392; West Coast: 203.872.7392;East Coast: 302.330.7392;Midwest: 708.872.7392. Read Here for more details
Volunteer Sign up Sheet
Pictures from Vijayji and Jugal/Bimla Kishore recent visit to Pedali and Manjakudi Projects, Feb 2020
see more pictures on this page
Your Support Matters
Leave a legacy by sponsoring a new FSH construction
With a $100K donation, drive the construction of a new facility and change the lives of a village and district around it. Shortlist of possible sites with great need have already been identified. All detailed logistics and procedures will be handled by well organized teams, to make the process easy. See this Page for more details.
Maintenance of 6 FSHs sponsored by SF Bay Area
Please see here for more details about the composition, location and updates of these FSH here. Longer term endowments are highly appreciated.
Progress and updates of recent projects
Online Credit card donations can be done using the link above.. Checks payable to “AIM for Seva” can be sent to this address.
C/O Vijay Kapoor, AIMS Director, Bay Area
28615 Matadero Creek Ct, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
Thank you for your continuing support for this worthy cause. If you can help in any volunteer capacity, please send an email to email@example.com for inquiries.
AIM for Seva, Vision and Activities
Lots of family fun at Sevathon, Sept 8th 2019.
40 people came to join outdoor fun and raise awareness for the AIM-S seva projects.
Where: Arena Green East at 349 W. St. John Street, San Jose, CA 95110.
Children Helping Children Activities
Please see more details on this Page